Friday, April 19, 2013

MANNAM: Korean is now famous!!!


MANNAM: Korean is now famous!!!

 Where is Korea? If you are a foreigner who lives in Korea or in another country, did you know where Korea is like 10 years ago? Well, generally people will say “No.” When I was in elementary school I lived abroad in America. If someone asks me “Where are you from?” I always had to explain where Korea is. Well, first people thought I was Chinese or Japanese. Because they didn’t know there is a country named Korea ever in their life before. Every time someone asks me, I told them, “Korea is a country between China and Japan. Look at the map and you can find it. It is a small country. Maybe that is why you never heard about it before.”

 But how is it now? Koreans are everywhere and many people love Korea now. Korea had many sad histories that made them hard to grow, but Koreans beat their own sorrows. I think that is the way Korea became famous now. Especially K-pop(Korean pop) did a big job to announce Korea through all around the world.

 Now more and more people are learning Korean. My friends from other countries who comes to Korea for the exchange student program tells me many things about Korea. First of all, in many universities Korean major comes into being now. And many people learn Korean in their countries and want to come to Korea. What do you think? Do you agree with this?

 Because Korea has been a trend these days, I thought it is important to learn Korean and also know how to explain about it exactly. MANNAM Korean class is always opened to you. Did you learn Korean before? One year? One month? Never before? It doesn’t matter how long you learned it or not. Just come to MANNAM and let’s learn and enjoy. You can be a fancy 외국인(wae-guk-in) who can sing ‘Gangnam style’ in Korean! In MANNAM there is love and peace. We can be one with volunteering or learning. Let’s learn and share our language! 

No comments:

Post a Comment